Sunday, February 15, 2009

Fashion Forward

Look good, feel good, live good. Got it? Good.

"Don't judge a book by its cover." = the stupidest quote I have ever heard. If you live by this quote, I suggest that you stop as of right now. In my tasteful opinion, it is within the instincts of human nature for humans to automatically judge other humans based upon one thing only:

1) How they look.

Humans are judgmental, and to tell someone NOT to judge someone based upon how they look at first glance, is to deny them of their natural instincts. Disagree? Then explain this situation:

You see a woman in a tattered trench coat and LA Lakers sweatpants rolling in the mud and screaming at the park. You assume one of two things: a. She is insane, b.she is homeless. But you're wrong. She is an exhibitionist, expressing herself through living art. She just so happens to love vintage jackets, the LA Lakers are her favorite basketball team, and fresh mud is EXCELLENT for exfoliating her skin. You are so wrong, you judgy asshole!

But you're not a judgy asshole. You just made an assumption based on her appearance, because you are human and it is natural for you to "judge a book by its cover".

That said, it is obvious that I think appearance matters. Everyday is a potential for hundreds of first impressions. So why not take advantage of those impressions? Why not look your best, feel your best, and BE your best every day? Even if your best is rolling around in the mud at the park, at least do it with a little bit of style.

This blog is very obviously about style. But I realize that no two people have the same style. And I truly don't care what the fuck you wear. Wanna wear a paper bag? Good for you. I might suggest that you wear it with a belt because it will show off your figure a bit more. Stylize that bag, baby.

But stylizing your life doesn't mean you have to break the bank. Trust me, I know better than anyone that fashion can be costly. But it doesn't have to be. Just because your poor like me doesn't mean you have to dress like a shmuck. I never have money yet I never leave the house without my style in step.

Allow me to be the eyes and the ears of the freshest fashion that won't send you to the poorhouse. If you don't like when people tell you what to do, especially when it comes to what you wear, that's ok. I usually verbally assault people when they tell me what to do. This blog is hardly about me telling you what to wear. It's mainly about me suggesting what NOT to wear. Some people may decide to wear all the things I say not to. More power to 'em. That's their style, may the fashion gods bless their souls.

Bottom line, before I to use my style eyes on you, here's my fashion forward for you to keep in mind:

Everyday can be a good one, just take it one stiletto at a time.

xoxo,

Styleyze

No comments:

Post a Comment