Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Shopaholics Anonymous: Reckless Acts of Shoes

Spring is coming. Can't you just taste it in the air? I could taste it when I was in LA for Spring break, not so much here in Boston. It's supposed to snow next week. Let's just not even go there...

But at Shopaholics Anonymous, instead of snow, we will talk about SHOES. Specifically sandals. More specifically, sandal shopping. See, sandals are a year-round staple back home in California. A year-long staple that I DEARLY miss. Let's put it this way, when it comes to reckless acts of shopping: I have a shoe fetish. So I was more than excited when I got my daily email from Nordstrom and it read "Sandals Under $100, Free Shipping on All Orders". UMMMM, excuse me while I die a little bit.

Totally clicked on that shit and it lead me to the wonderful world that is Nordstrom's Sandal Shop for Women. And when Nordstrom says under $100, they mean it, and boy did they deliver! I usually feel like Nordstrom tells dirty lies when they say "cheap, affordable, under $$$". The stuff that is actually cheap is almost always less than mediocre, and usually when they claim things are "affordable" they are just pretending that $300 is affordable to the world. I feel like saying, "Here's $30, pretend it's $300 and then your overpriced crap will have the right to be labeled as 'affordable'."

But there were no lies today in my sandal mail, no lies at all. Shopaholics, words simply cannot describe my delight. Stand, and bear witness to all that is fashionably holy: The Nordstrom Sandal Shop: Sandals Under $100.

But before we get in over our heads, lets just review the Shopaholics Anonymous take on this shoe fetish. When we find something we love, we must take into consideration our actual need for these lovable things. So before I let myself get click-happy, I decided to make a quick list of types of sandals that I actually need for this spring/summer season.

1) The everyday Gladiator flat sandal:




Styleyze loves Gladiators because: they are a trendy alternative to flip flops and can be worn with casual clothes everyday or used to dress down more formal outfits.
My favorite gladiator in the Under $100 Shop: Well, it's a tie.







I like the J. Campbell shoe because it's very similar to a pair of my Cynthia Vincent gladiators from two seasons ago that are totally ready for the trash. Hence, they will make a great replacement and I LOVE the color. And I like the Sams because they are SO greek-chic, plus gold is the IT shoe color for this spring, and they will go great with summer clubbing dresses for when I want an alternative to dressy heels.

2) The Platform strappy sandal:



Styleyze loves platforms because: This look is so hot right now, and so flattering/comfortable in comparison to the normal stiletto. Getting this sandal in black or brown will allow me to wear it for seasons to come. Plus I found a shoe-twin of the shoe I hyper-linked above, made by none other than FERGIE.



Did you even know Fergie had a shoe line?? I didn't. She actually has two. Allow me to present: Fergie and her "cheap-o" brand Fergalicious by Fergie. The 'Fergie' line is basically all sandals and heels and the 'Fergalicious' line has sneakers and more casual flats.

Either way, they sell all her 'Fergie' ish at Nordy's. And these lovelies caught my eye for my fave platform sandal:

Fergie 'Teema' Sandal in brown for $99.



They are almost $100 cheaper than the Reports Vanessa Hudge is rocking in the pic above and they literally look exactly the same. Sweet deal.

3) The Wedge Sandal:
Styleyze loves the wedge because: It's a more comfortable alternative to the stiletto heel and makes you look tall and awesome in a sundress.
My Fave from the Under $100 Shop: The Steve Madden "Quantam" Sandal in brown for $79



This shoe is comfortable, easy to pair with any outfit, day or night, and it also comes in black. And the cinched detailing in the center of the shoe strap will create a nice long line between your leg and your foot, accentuating your calves. What's not to love?

So, now that the shoes are all out on the table at under $100. Go forth and explore the 20+ pages of Spring sandal glory. But, like we always say at Shopaholics anonymous, don't let your fetish get the best of you. Before you even click on those links. Make your own list of sandals you want. Look in your closet, do some research, peek in a few magazines to see what styles you like/are wearable for you. and then go and conquer the Nordstrom Sandal Shop.

Shopaholics Anonymous is now out of session, but sweet sandals this Spring are so in.

1 comment: