Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Earth Day Couture

HAPPY EARTH DAY!

Earth Day is not only one of my personal favorite holidays, but I honestly believe that everyone should consider everyday to be Earth Day. Whether or not you believe in Global Warming, it's important for all of us to think about our planet and do what we can to keep it clean, healthy and beautiful.

So in honor of this fabulous day, I decided I needed to get my Earth Day style on. But how does one look stylish on Earth Day aside from dressing like an earthy, hippie chick? There are so many ways my friends, so many. On my daily exploration of Forever21.com, I happened upon this wonderful, Earthy delight:
The WWF Panda Logo Tee

For only $16, my purchase of this adorable, fitted tee benefits not only my personal style, but the endangered species of the world as well. And here's why I suggest buying it from Forever rather than World Wildlife Fund directly:

1) You have to join WWF to make a purchase on their site, and I know that not everyone wants to be a member like me :)
* but if you do want to be a member, there are tons of perks! You can join here.
2) The Forever tee is fitted, WWF's fitted tee is $25 and it isn't the same large panda design as this one. Also, fitted tees are much more flattering and fun to wear outside of the gym.
3) It also comes in purple and turquoise!

And even though I am not a huge t-shirt fan, this tee would be so adorable with a pair of black skinny jeans/pants a leather jacket and some cute black heels for a night out. Also a cute business casual alternative with a black pencil skirt and a black blazer or cardigan with platform pumps...talk about office trendy.

Now, go forth and support your planet for less than $20, look hot and celebrate Earth Day! OH and if you want to know the best way to celebrate Earth Day, watch this: Disney's EARTH in theaters NOW. I am literally obsessed with this movie and I haven't seen it yet. The trailer gives me actual goosebumps. I am definitely going to cry.



Those baby elephants are going to be the death of me, I swear.

8 comments:

  1. I love the tee... once i get my paycheck friday i'm getting one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i could not be MORE excited for the movie after watching that trailer :) SO ADORABLE> I AM GOING TO CRY SO MUCH

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your site. i'm also from boston and starting in the fashion-blog world and your posts are kick-ass.

    "earth" looks AMAZING i am seeing it asap and i cannot wait!!!!

    XO
    casey
    http://clairemontroad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That panda shirt is awesome! I think I'll go buy myself one right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woops, completely forgot to put the links into that post! Just fixed it, so if you click on the description below each picture it should bring you right to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you so much for the twilight cake compliments :) you're so sweet! i definitely would love to see what you come up with. i'm hoping to think of something to do for that too, i guess i better start brainstorming!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice t-shirt, I found the same on this site Stylephotos

    ReplyDelete