Thursday, April 9, 2009

Shopaholics Anonymous: Rue La La ROCKS

ATTENTION: SHOPPING ADDICTS EVERYWHERE. IF YOU DON'T HAVE A RELIGION...YOU DO NOW.

I have always been a styloligist. Like Scientologists, minus Tom and Katie and stress tests and strange celebrity temples, but plus awesome clothes and shoes and witty remarks.

Anyways, the Stylology God looked down on me yesterday. She looked down and said, "Marisa, your fashion prayers have been answered."

This god is actually my roommate Gabrielle. And she gave me an invitation through the gates of Fashion Heaven: aka- RUE LA LA. After visiting this site, let me tell you...if i didn't believe before, I believe now.

Rue La La is like a Neiman Marcus going out of business sale...but everyday. I'm talking close out prices on top brands, BUT EVERY SINGLE DAY. Here's the way Rue describes itself:

"Rue La La Is...

Rue La La is... an exclusive, invitation-only online destination where Members discover premier-brand, private sale Boutiques, each open for just a brief window of time. Our focus is a well-edited collection of sought-after offerings from the best brand names in the world - combined with helpful service.

Membership is free. It's also invitation-only. Members shape the community by inviting new Members - and getting a $10 Rue La La Credit when each new friend places their first order.

The discovery of something unexpected, something that imbues the day-to-day with a little magic - these are the "ooh la la moments" we long for. And you'll find them here."

So basically Rue La La is a club, a shopping club. A club where the E-board picks out the best and the brightest and puts everything on sale for unspeakably low prices for a very limited time. And it's invite only, so not just anyone can go...only those who have friends in high places can go. It's a VIP shopping experience. Everyday.

Each brand that is put on sale is called a "Boutique" and each boutique is available for 24 hours. And members can sign up to have email reminders when a sale for a certain boutique starts. You can also preview up and coming boutiques and set reminders for ones that you are most interested in.

Since you can't view the website without being a member, lemme give you a taste of what today's menu looks like:

Juicy Couture



The prices in bold are the prices you pay. And these items are not last season pieces. They are available at the Juicy website right now, full price. So, as you can imagine, the good ish sells out quick. Email reminders are highly advisable.

Other boutiques today include:

Lagos, Rich and Skinny, and Da-Nang. I personally LOVE Rich and Skinny jeans because they fit so well, plus their website is funny and totally awesome to shop on.

Up and coming boutiques inclue Valentine, Isabella Fiore, and Rock and Republic...just to name a few. So these designers and items are totally legit. I mean come on, VALENTINO people. I previewed that boutique, and BOY am I excited.

Now, looking at this amazing diamond in the ruff, it's easy to lose control. The addict inside of me wants to buy everything and anything. But that's the beauty of Rue La La, it's completely shopaholic friendly. Since you can preview items before the 24 hr period starts, you can pre-shop. Look for the things that you really need, give yourself time to think about the purchase before you go on a frenzy. The site divides things up by category: apparel, shoes, accessories. So I personally know that I DO NOT need shoes right now, so I am not even going there, I am not even going to look at the shoes in any of the boutiques because even if they are on sale for insanely low prices, I don't need them. Tame the holic inside of you, tame her.

And the great thing about all of this is that, all my readers have an invitation if they want it. Simply email me at styleyze@gmail.com and I will be more than happy to send you an invite. (besides the more invites I send, the more shopping money the site will give me!)

It's like I found the key into heaven and I'm just going to let you all in for free. Thank me later when you're rocking that new Valentino bag that you paid under $400 for.

And on that note, I only have one thing to say: I DO BELIEVE.

1 comment:

  1. AHHH. i think i should get half the money you make! you publisher you. xo

    ReplyDelete